Monday 18 January 2021

Bike Trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok from Siliguri with Road Riders

 Everything is moving at a pretty fast pace around us everywhere. Life’s so compact now, that we barely get time to think even about leisure trips. Time’s precious; the reason why we tend to Google everything down rather than giving it a thought in the first place. We, at Road Riders, have a motto to value your precious time and hard-earned money. A leisure trip to the Eastern Himalayan Range is incomplete without bike expeditions. Road Riders offer bike rental in Siliguri to let travelers roam around the city or explore the magnificence of nature and beauty mountainous roads to Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Gangtok, and Bhutan.

Road trips always brim everyone with joy, happiness, and heart-throbbing adventures, while quenching the thirst of getting closer tonature at the same time. With a fleet of well-maintained beauty cruiser bikes, including the Royal Enfield Classic 500, Classic 350, Chest Nut, Himalayan, Thunderbird 350, Thunderbird 500, Bajaj Avenger 220, and Yamaha FZ 250.

Road Riders provide a gamut of options for bike rental in Bhutan and bike rental in Darjeeling to make bike expeditions memorable. All the bikes are available for rent at a mere daily rental range of Rs 1200-1900. Apart from this, you need to get a refundable security amount deposited that is supposed to be refunded after the bike checkup post handing over of the bike on return.

If the things that are to be taken care of before hiring a bike are concerned, you need to take a quick look at the following points:
  • Don’t forget to take along a photo identity proof that bears your address
  • Make sure that you have a valid Indian Driving License with you
  • Ensure relevant permits if you are thinking of a road expedition to Bhutan from
  • Keep a check on the bike’s health by at least carrying out the oil & fuel level checkups during the transit.

Let’s take you on a virtual bike tour to Darjeeling and beyond it to make you visualize how exciting it would be on a 6 days bike expedition.

road-riders-siliguri-bike-rent

Day 1: Taking bike rental in Siliguri and get going to Darjeeling

It was on my very first day in Siliguri that I decided not to waste time in the city, get a bike rental in Siliguri itself and kick off to the Queen of Hills, Darjeeling. I had three routes to choose from; one via the curvy Hill Cart Road along the Toy Train route, another steeper route via Pankhabari Road, and the third route via Mirik. After giving it a thought, I finally chose the beauty of nature over the beast of the winding roads at the first place and chose the route to Darjeeling via Mirik. Mirik had something divine in it. The scenic beauty that I witnessed is still as clear as crystal even now. After spending a couple of hours in the village, I kick-started and headed towards Jorpokhri, and Simana on the way. I was in Darjeeling by sunset and checked in at my hotel.

siliguri-to-darjeeling-on-bike

Day 2: Witnessing the marvel of sunrise, followed by sightseeing

Once I was in Darjeeling, I committed to myself to witness the sunrise over Kanchenjunga. My commitment motivated me to hop on to my bike, and started at 3:30 AM for a once in a lifetime ride to Tiger Hill, through the antique oak and magnolia forests. Thankfully the weather was clear and I was blessed to witness the spellbinding scene of the sun rising above the Kanchenjunga, making it glow even brighter. On my way back, I didn’t forget to visit the Ghoom Monastery, Peace memorial &Batasia Loop. I spent the second half of the day roaming around the Darjeeling town with my cruiser roaring to make its presence felt at every corner of it.

siliguri-to-darjeeling-on-bike

Day 3: Starting the Gangtok road trip

After having my breakfast, I geared up and kick-started for a breathtaking 135km ride to Gangtok. The route to Gangtok road trip is simply something that I can

Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment

BIKE RENT IN BHUTAN

  Bike rent in Bhutan is the ultimate solution to tour the serene mountainous country. Famously translated as the ‘land of thunder dragons’...